Mail Servers in Amorphic play a very crucial role in delivering the application notification messages to the User.
Amorphic Notifications provide a facility to choose a type of delivery service through which the application notifications are sent out. Mail Servers is one such option where it allows organizations the flexibility of bringing in their own SMTP mail servers to deliver the messages in more organizational compliance manner.
- Amorphic Mail Server section provides the following capabilities:
- List all the existing mail servers configurations in the system.
- View existing mail server configuration.
- Enable or Disable an existing mail server configuration.
- Update an existing mail server configuration.
- Delete an existing mail server configuration.
The following picture depicts the Mail Management Console in Amorphic:
Amorphic User contains the following information:
Mail Server Metadata Information¶
||Server Name, which uniquely identifies the registered Server.|
||A brief description about the mail server.|
||Port number on which the SMTP server is hosted.|
||User name of the SMTP Server for authentication|
||Password of the SMTP server for authentication|
||‘Yes’ or ‘No’ depending on the organization policy to use the current mail configuration to send notifications|
||The ‘From’ email address used while sending notifications.|
Mail server Operations¶
Amorphic Users provides the following operations
- Create server : Create a mail server configuration. Mail Server Metadata Information
- List servers : List all existing mail server configurations.
- View server : View an existing mail server configuration.
- Enable/Disable server : Enable or disable a mail server.
- Update server : Update an existing mail mail server configuration.
- Delete User : Delete an existing server configuration..
You can create a SMTP mail server configuration in Amorphic by using the “Mail Server” section under “Management” of Amorphic application. Please find the following animation for quick overview of Users.
You can list all existing mail server configurations in Amorphic by using the “Mail Server” section under “Management” of Amorphic application. Please find the following animation for quick overview of Users.
This functionality allows us to see the server metadata of the mail server Please find the following animation to view a mail server.
This option allows an user to enable/disable a particular mail server configuration to send email notifications to the users. This feature allows the application to have multiple server configuration but also one should note that we can only have one active configuration at a time.
Please follow the below animation to enable/disable an user.
This option allows an user to update a mail server metadata of an existing entry. Please follow the below animation to follow the process to update a mail server.
This option allows an administrator to Delete an user permanently. Please follow the below animation to delete a mail server.