Amorphic Page Structure¶
- Each Page in Amorphic is divided into 3 parts :
- Side Navigation-Bar
The Header bar hosts some important actions that are available throughout the application irrespective of the feature user is working on. Hence all actions are Global. The actions in this protion of the screen are choosen on their frequency of interaction by the user. A experienced Amorphic user would use these on a daily basis.
- The actions present in the Header are:
- Amorphic Logo
- Toggle Side Navigation-Bar Button
- Quick Actions
- API Docs
- Custom User Actions
We will discuss about these actions one by one below:
The Amorphic Logo apart from being the insignia of the product, is also a clickable link which redirects the user from any internal page to Amorphic Home Page.
Bookmarks is a quite useful feature in Amorphic. It is a quick navigation link to a specific page within Amorphic. This saves an ample amount of time for the regular user. Users can bookmark a page by simply clicking on the bookmark bar and giving out a unique name for it.
Once selected, the bookmark will start appearing on the Amorphic Home Page in the Your Bookmarks tab. To disable the bookmark, visit the page and click on the Bookmark option again on the header.
Like most actions in Header bar, the Quick Actions is also designed to reduce the user’s valuable time by cutting corners for vital operations. On selection, initially, a drop-down menu is presented. It contains the App Preferences only. On selection, this leads to App Preferences page.
The App Preferences page is a presonalized console for the user to customize Amorphic according to user’s liking.
Currently 2 main customizations can be performed with App Preferences:
- Configure Quick Actions - All features selected here and submitted appear on the Quick Actions going forward.
- Configure Listing Preferences - The prefernces selected here determine the data display style on subsequent Resource Listing Pages.
The API Docs is a useful reckoner for advanced users having familiarity with coding and developemental activities. All the API Endpoints used throughout Amorphic are sorted Resource-Type-wise and well-documented here with their respective Description, Request Protocol and Parameters and its sample Response Bodies.
As mentioned above, this documentation is useful for an advanced user who can at times, leverage these APIs for various reasons like response verification, standalone development activites and so on.
Custom User Actions¶
Custom User Actions is yet another operations customization action which displays a drop-down containing a few important actions which concern application wide metadata.
The options available here are:
- Profile and Settings - This section is described in detail in here - Profile and Settings
2. Switch Role - This options gives the user an option to switch the Role to another while using the application. It is useful as all the times, all roles roles may not have access to ecery feature in Amorphic. Hence, user can choose from their available roles a suitable role to continue working.
To know further about Roles and Access management, read at Role Base Access Control - (RBAC)
3. Logout - As the name suggests, this option is used to log out of the Amorphic application when the working session is over. It is important to remember if working with multiple tabs/windows on browser, if one tab is signed out, all parallel tabs/windows signout of the current session.
The Content portion of the screen is any content that is enclosed in-between the Header and the Side Navigation-Bar. Any feature selected through the the Side Navigation-Bar leads to a content which is displayed in this section of the page. Also, any URL entered, displays the requested data here in this section of the screen. Any bookmarks placed (if applicable) , also acts on the content present in this section.