Continuous Integration and Delivery¶
Continuous Integration not only helps you to make changes to the platform faster but also makes sure that the sanctity of the platform is maintained. Errors can be detected and fixed quickly and multiple users can develop and deploy code at the same time.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)¶
- 1. Example of a typical deployment?
- a. Lets say we have 3 jobs already deployed to amorphic platform. You start a deployment with six jobs in the code repository…2 existing, 4 new jobs: The two existing jobs will have the code scripts, configs updated and jobs re-published; 4 new jobs will be created, code snippets updated, configs created and jobs published. One job will be deleted.
- 2. What happens when I do not have a json config file or a valid code snippet in the job folder?
- a. When a particular job does not have a valid conifg.json or a valid code snippet (.py or .scala), deployment process will skip deploying these jobs and a warning message is shown. Rest of the deployment goes on as usual.
- 3. What happens when I try to deploy a job with the same name which exists already?
- a. If you are an authorised user for that particular job..deployment process will update the code snippet and config. If you are not an authorised user for that particular job..deployment process will skip deploying these jobs and throws a warning message. Rest of the deployment goes on as usual.