S3 Connections are used to migrate data from a remote S3 bucket to Amorphic Data Platform. Using these connections data can be written directly into an Amorphic Dataset. There are two types of S3 Connections available, using
- Bucket Policy
- Access Keys
To create an S3 Connection using a bucket policy, user has to first select the bucket from which the data needs to be migrated. Once the connection is created, a bucket policy will be available for User to download. Bucket policy generated should be attached to the source bucket which was added to connection during creation. Below image shows how the connection with bucket policy is created
- To create an S3 Connection using access keys, user has to select the bucket from which the data has to be migrated and provide access key
- and secret access key of the user who has permissions to read the data from the bucket.
Below image shows how the connection with access keys is created
- Connection Name
- Name of the connection Amorphic
- Connection Type
- Type of connection. In this case it is S3
- Connection related information user wants to store
- Authorized Users
- Amorphic users to whom user wants to have access to this connection
- S3 Bucket
- Name of the bucket from which the dataset files have to be imported
- Connection Access Type
- Access type for the connection, can be one of Access Keys and Bucket Policy
There is an option to edit an S3 Connection. To edit an S3 Conection, click the edit button which on the right corner.
Description, Authorised users, S3 Bucket and Connection Access Type of an S3 Connection can be changed.
Below image shows how to edit an S3 connection
On the top right corner, there is a button with trash can on it. Click on it to delete
Below image shows how to delete a connection