External API Connections¶
External API connections are used to import data from APIs to Amorphic Dataset. Only API Authentication of type BASIC is supported as of now.
Below are the ways to create an External API
To create an External API connection, user has to enter API Endpoint, HTTP Method and Query String Parameters. Below image shows how to create an External API Connection
- Connection Name
- Name of the connection Amorphic
- Connection Type
- Type of connection. In this case it is External API
- Connection related information user wants to store
- Authorized Users
- Amorphic users to whom user wants to have access to this connection
- API Endpoint
- Endpoint URL from which data needs to be extracted
- API Authentication
- As of version 1.1.3 only BASIC is supported
- HTTP Method, as of version 1.1.3 only GET and POST are allowed
- Query Params
- Query string parameters which the API URL takes as input.
There is an option to edit an External API Connection. To edit an External API Conection, click the edit button which on the right corner.
Description and Authorised users of an External API Connection can be changed.
Below image shows how to edit an External API connection
On the top right corner, there is a button with trash can on it. Click on it to delete.
Below image shows how to delete a connection